domingo, 21 de março de 2010

Starting my 2nd month in Curitiba - thanks AIESEC


Abaixo, texto retirado do blog "Welcome to the Town of Reflection!" de Cyrus Mak, intercambista da AIESEC Hong Kong no Brasil - http://cyrusmakyiutung.blogspot.com/


15 March 2010.




This has been my fifth week in Curitiba. Works are getting more interesting and intense due to more responsibilities on my shoulder. But I like it !! haha. =P

Honestly speaking, working in Brazil is actually not much different than working in HK, professionally-wise. Here people work from 8:30-5:30pm or around 6pm. People are focused in delivering results and fortunately I was being immersed into similar environment before. I can still manage at this moment, thanks AIESEC. =)

I had, in one point of time, tried to be as workaholic as I was in HK, that is, working in the weekend. Luckily, I didn't do it and start to change this "bad" habit and learn to enjoy my weekend to relax and do what I want and am interested. Enjoying weekend becomes one of my learning goals here in Brazil. =P I believe this is a KPI in being a disciplined person! =P

I was having the first-time EB-trainee meeting in my AIESEC experience, a formal & serious one, to discuss different things from interns here and how to improve more! I don't have any comment but I just think I want to hang out with trainees and members !! haha. But, happy or not, I think my AIESEC time is coming again , just not being an EB. More and more engagements are foreseen already. But let's see how things are going and how I can manage ! hopefully bring more perspectives and excitement to the members there. =)

Culturally, as far as I observed, I think similar to many other countries, people talk more than walk in their promises. Or they are not keeping good progress tracking on what they need to do. Or they simply over-promise / under-estimate the tasks. This is purely my experience so far. Even there is a deadline set, same thing just happened. But of course, I need to keep this up on myself. =) This is what I learned, tried, practiced, improved, reflected, tried and then make as my habits when I was in AIESEC. Still a long way to go for sure but I am glad that these personal characters and attitudes are appreciated.

P.S. When your boss told you, "You have big responsibilities now. You need to be responsible for 2 KPIs (out of 5) in a department of 11 people. I count on you." What will you respond??  =)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário